A tasty and delicious slow cooker refried beans recipe that are super-flavorful. A perfect side dish to any meal!
We always have dry beans in the pantry to already cooked in the freezer. They are great to have around, especially if you are going through a tight week.
Did I mention how nutritious and delicious beans, like refried beans are? They are one of my favorites. I think I could eat them with just about anything.
They are most needed with tacos though – yum! Speaking of tacos, I really need to show you an amazing taco recipe to use in your slow cooker!
I know you all will love this recipe because they are so easy to make. You can either cook it overnight or cook it during the day – which ever is better for you.
I like to soak my pinto beans overnight or for at least 24 hours with water and a splash of vinegar in the water. It makes them a little softer, which takes less time for your pinto beans to cook.
What are some of your favorite ways to use refried beans in a dish or a meal? Sometimes I love having refried beans with salad, on the side. A budget meal and it’s delicious – my favorite.
Yours too, right?
- 1 pound dried pinto beans, soaked for 24 hours with shriveled beans removed
- 4 garlic cloves, mashed
- 1 medium onion, sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Using a 4 or 5-quart slow cooker or crock pot, add in your soaked beans with 2-inches of water covering the beans. Add in your garlic cloves, onion, and vinegar.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours, elevation does matter and you might need to adjust your cooking time. Test your beans and if they are super-soft, they are done.
- Remove the water and keep ¼ cup of water reserved. Mash your beans with a fork or a potato masher. Add in reserved water, if necessary to your liking.
- Sprinkle cheese on top. (optional)