A super-simple slow cooker chicken and garlic with orzo recipe that can be versatile and goes with anything! A family staple!
I love making a big batch of this chicken and garlic. Not only do we use it for recipes during the week, we also love to freeze any extra that we are able to do so.
It makes for a very delicious and quick meal, if needed one night or multiple nights. We love it because it can pair with so many different dishes. Just an all-around delicious recipe.
Every-now-and-then we can score a great deal on orzo and we love to pair this with it because it’s a great meal and can be very inexpensive.
Now you might be thinking to yourself, but isn’t it have way too much garlic in it. The answer is no, it has just enough. You are able to taste the garlic in the dish, but it isn’t overpowering it at all. You’ll love it!
When freezing extras, I always freezer in 1 cup increments. For our family, 1 cup of shredded chicken can go a long way for two people. Once the chicken has finished cooking, you will notice there is a lot of juice leftover. You can always add a 1 tablespoon of flour and allow it to cook on high for another 15 minutes.
You then can pour the thickened sauce on top and call it a meal.
- 3 large boneless chicken breasts, not frozen
- 10 garlic cloves, half minced and half whole
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon flour, if desired to thicken the sauce
- Place 5 whole garlic cloves on the bottom of your slow cooker, then place the chicken breasts on top. Add the minced garlic, salt, and pepper on top of the chicken breasts. Cook on high for 8 hours or on low for 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken breasts and shred.
- If you would like to thicken the sauce, whisk in the flour and allow it to cook on high for additional 15 minutes. Pour the thicken sauce on top when serving.