Easy and delicious slow cooker cheesy chipotle beef taco recipe with an out-of-this-world crazy good cheesy sauce!
The hubby LOVES anything spicy and I have adapted too. Not quite to his spiciness level, but just enough so that it enhances the flavors of the dish.
I didn’t know how spicy they would be. It surprised the heck out of him and I. It’s something where you need to use the concept, a little goes a long way.
With that being said, I only used one big pepper and some of it’s sauce. We absolutely loved these tacos because they are spicy enough and the cheese sauce was right one.
It’s definitely one of our favorite. Plus, it’s ready in no-time, even in the slow cooker. It’s not one of those recipes where you can leave all day because it will be ready in about 2 hours on high or 4 hours on low.
- ½ - 1 pound of ground beef, I used ½
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon dark chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Cheesy Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2-3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup shredded monterrey jack cheese
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, diced
- Prepare your ground beef mixture in a slow cooker/crock pot and add in the spices. Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
- Once the beef is done cooking, prepare your cheesy sauce by adding butter until a skillet. Mix in the flour to create a roux and allow the flour to cook for 2-3 minutes. Whisk in the milk and simmer on medium heat for 5 minutes. Whisk in the cheesy and add in the chipotle pepper with adobo sauce.
- Serve beef on top of a tortilla and pour cheesy sauce on top. Serve with your favorite taco toppings.