A delicious slow cooker beef stroganoff recipe that is out-of-this-world tender and so easy to put together!
I love, love using my slow cooker/crock-pot for cheaper cuts of meat because they always turn out very tender. So..if there is a great sale on any kind of meat, we always usually stock-up because of how tender everything turns out in our slow cooker/crock-pot.
Have you noticed that when you cook meats?
Today I am going to be sharing an amazing beef stroganoff recipe that you can easily put together in your slow cooker/crock-pot before you head out in the morning. You will not have to worry about dinner when you come home because it will be ready. Your house will smell amazing, I know mine did when I was making it.
I couldn’t wait to dig in. One thing that I really love about this recipe is that you do not have to worry about browning your beef before you add it into your slow cooker/crock-pot.
You will have to cook your noodles separately. That should only take 10 minutes, if that – depending on the type of noodles you decide to use. I always like to use egg noodles with beef tips or stroganoff because it goes so well with the dish.
You will need 8 ounces of mushrooms, 1 pound of beef stew meat or any kind of sirloin steak cut into thin strips, garlic, beef broth, paprika, sour cream, and flour.
You can either cook it on high for 5 hours or on low for 8 hours. I like to do low for 8 hours because it allows the meat to be very tender. My favorite – yum!
You can throw everything into your slow cooker/crock-pot besides the sour cream and flour. Once the 8 or 5 hours it up, you add in the sour cream and flour and cook it on low for another 15 minutes.
That allows the sauce to thicken up just a little bit and allows the sauce to be creamy.
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 16 ounces egg noodles, you any kind of pasta you prefer
- Using a 5 or 6 quart slow cooker/crock-put or any size that you have, add in your mushrooms, beef stew meat, minced garlic clove, paprika, and beef broth. Cook on low heat for 8 hours or on high heat for 5 hours.
- Stir in your sour cream and flour and cook on low for another 15 minutes. After you stir in your sour cream and flour, you can start boiling your water for the pasta.
- Once your water has boiled, add in your pasta and follow the directions for the pasta on the back of the package.