A mouthwatering slow cooker mac n cheese recipe that is just so delicious, you cannot resist all the gooey cheese!
Growing up as a child, I have always loved mac n cheese, or you call it macaroni and cheese or mac and cheese. I just like to keep the same sweet and to the point – mac n cheese.
It’s what I have always know it to be, even to this point in my life. Who wouldn’t thought that phrase mac n cheese would have stuck with me for so long!
Do you have any words that you used to say as a child that you still say to this day? Right now, I can only think of that one. It’s probably because it’s on my mind and I really want to make another batch of this mac n cheese right now!
I know you all will love this slow cooker mac n cheese recipe because it is so easy and you are free to go about your errands or anything and come home to a delicious, warm pot of comfort food. Yum!
Not only is it absolutely delicious and easy, but it feeds an army. If you are having a lot of people coming over or just want to have a lot of leftovers, then you’ll love it as well!
I have not tried freezing this recipe yet, but I am almost sure that you can. You will want to allow the mac and cheese to completely cool to room temperature, then place it into a freezer container. If you are using a freezer bag, you will want to squeeze all of the air out of the bag before freezing.
If you find that it is a little too dry after freezing, just add a little bit of milk or cheese while reheating to moisten the mac and cheese.
I just love these types of recipes, don’t you?
- 16 ounce package of elbow noodles
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 and ½ cups milk
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup melted better
- salt and pepper to taste, if needed
- Cook your elbow noodles according to the directions on the back of the package. Place your cooked elbow noodles into at least a 6-quart slow cooker and mix in the oil.
- Add in the evaporated milk, milk, shredded cheese, and melted butter. Cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Add in salt and pepper if needed.