Mouthwatering crock pot cheesy chicken recipe that is so simple to put together and absolutely delicious!
I always love preparing meals that are simple and delicious in my slow cooker/crock pot. Making any kind of meal in your slow cooker/crock pot is usually easy, but this one I know you all will love. We do!
You can easily make this a freezer meal and allow it to defrost before placing in your slow cooker/crock-pot. You will just have to prepare the ingredients together and place into a ziplock bag and freezer. Remember you will have to allow the cheese sauce to completely cool.
If you want to add in veggies you can definitely do that as well. I didn’t have too many in the house, so I left those out. You can definitely add broccoli or cauliflower.
Now my mouth is watering again for this. Making a note on a post-it to remember to make this again soon. I know the hubby will love me for doing it.
Another thing I want to try with this dish is using veggie noodles, like zucchini. Oh my!
You will need to prepare the cheese sauce in a saucepan and you will then have to add it to the chicken. Serve on top of veggie noodles or rice, if you would like to.
- Cheese Sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 and ½ cups milk
- 2 cups of shredded cheese
- 2 large chicken breasts
- rice (optional)
- Add the chicken breasts to your slow cooker. Cover and set aside.
- Add in the butter, garlic, salt and pepper in a large saucepan and allow the garlic to cook over medium-heat. You do not want to burn the garlic, just allow it to brown some.
- Slowly whisk in your flour and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add in the milk and allow the sauce to simmer for 5-10 minutes to thicken the sauce and allow the flour to cook.
- Whisk in the cheese. Pour the cheese sauce on top of the chicken breasts and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4.
- Serve on top of rice (optional)